a stone, a leaf, an unfound door

Monday, March 26, 2007

It's that week

So here it is... my birthday week. I don't know why I get so depressed each year around this time. I guess I should think less about the things that I'm not doing and take account of what I have.

I stayed home from work today, with vacation hours. I haven't been sleeping well lately (it's been about a week with no good sleeps), and I just didn't feel like lying that I was sick. I mean, I'm not 'sick' sick... but I didn't feel like I was up to using the whole brain today. And lately, going to work means balls to the wall running from beginning to end. I'm tired of this oil-fuelled growth here, and of the election year.

But, where I would have played hooky a few years ago... today I just called and said 'look, I'm just not up to it today'. I'm sure my boss will understand. Plus, all the night meetings I've been going to will provide me with lots of overtime to use.

So here I am... 36 for two more days. I decided to make a meatloaf today for the family (the stepkids are coming over for dinner tonight). I've never made a meatloaf before. I figured I should do it before I hit my late-30s. Weird, I know.

I cleaned out the garage this weekend, and came across a bunch of my brother's stuff. I miss him a lot, but I didn't get all weepy and stuff over it. Funny, though... because today it's hitting me harder.

I'm glad summer is finally coming around. Man, I was getting sick of winter. It's hard to wake up to snow for 6 months in a row. I know global warming is occuring... but it's hard to believe it here.

I bought three bottles of wine this weekend. But I only drank one bottle... that's not bad.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    I'm in a bit of a slump too. Hang in there..."this too shall pass" or some bullshit. Meatloaf eh?....how was it? I bet the thing with your brother must really come over you in waves sometimes. My heart's with you my dear...hope the sun shines for you again soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home