a stone, a leaf, an unfound door

Friday, August 18, 2006

Coax me, cajole me

My veins are running thick with molasses this week. I just seem to have this malaise about me that I can’t shake. Yet again, I have been thinking of this blog, but those few, brief seconds I get to myself to compose my thoughts have not resulted in anything concrete.

I have been walking a lot lately, hoping it will clear the cobwebs. When I’m sitting, I want to get out and walk. When I walk, I want to be at rest. Peace isn’t coming easy. I feel like a cat that doesn’t know if it wants to be out or in, stroked or ignored.

I wonder if others feel like the world is spinning out of control and not making sense. I don’t understand how my government can do what it is doing in the Middle East and in the name of freedom, how nations can blow each other to smithereens without batting an eyelash, how the open prairies are being gobbled up by insane sprawl in the name of oil ripped from the soil. How does one not stand by and watch all of this without feeling confused, questioning “Why?”

I just wish I could push past the confusion, and do something.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Leafs Fan said…

    Read your comment on MG's blog and want to give words of wisdom that the med thing will even out...just a bitch till then.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger nerudite said…

    Thanks for the comment... I actually just wrote a bit more about the situation in a more recent entry. This is day number three, and I am feeling a bit better. Thanks again for the support. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home