a stone, a leaf, an unfound door

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Best. Chick Rock. Ever.



I am a chick, it's true. But most chick rock really makes me ill. So I'm so lucky to have recently witnessed the rocking goddesses that make up Magneta Lane.

In an open blog entry to them, (I guess that's what this is turning into), I want to say thanks for being so gracious and for spreading the message to girls that they should be what they want when they grow up, as long as they are true to themselves. I took four 13-y.o. to 14-y.o. girls to the concert, and it was good for them to hear a real message from real women (in between disturbingly ogling Murder City Sparrows and Hedley, of course). So as a step-parent, excellent use of opportunity to speak to them when you have the chance! Oh yeah, and to French... thanks for saying that I look too young to have kids. You're my new rock hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home