a stone, a leaf, an unfound door

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I awake from dreams of thee

I have been having many odd dreams lately. I suppose this is good, because it means that I'm not drugged out of my mind. At least I've been sleeping.

Most of my dreams involve some kind of collusion where I'm afraid that someone will find me out for something I've said or done. The details are sketchy, but I spend a lot of time trying to get somewhere undercover. I woke up this morning mid-chase, trying to plan a way to get back to an unknown hotel room by trading cars with someone, driving to a diner and hailing a cab from there. I woke up on the way back to my hotel room, so I don't know if I was going to make it or not.

The night before, I had a dream where my husband and I were trying to find some space for ourselves, maybe we were at a party or something. I kept noticing other people watch us as we moved from room to room, looking for a place to be alone. At some point I think we decided to 'stay over', and crashed in some room with a huge bed. We were starting to get into having sex, when we realized that there was someone lying in the bed next to us. That person started pushing their way in, and at the time I felt like I wanted that (but didn't voice it in my dream). My husband kicked the guy out and we ended up leaving the gathering. But once again, we left under the circumstance that someone was following us, and we felt like we had to make a break for it.

I don't know why almost every dream I have turns to some kind of mental chase, trying to outsmart some unknown assailant or person with ulterior motives. I have a theory that all of the crap going down at home, and the fact that I'm tied down here in a way that I'm unused to, has me subconsciously needing an escape. But here I am, first thing on a Sunday morning, and I'm already anxious from the running around in the dream. I wish life would just settle, or that I could take a break and get out of here for awhile to clear my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home